• in

    Harry and Meghan Call BS on Queen Saying She Doesn’t Own

    Breaking News Getty Composite Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are calling bulls**t on the Queen of England, saying she has no authority to strip them of their right to say they’re royals. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex posted what seems to be an angry response to the Queen’s decision that they no longer can use the “Sussex Royal’ brand. They said in their post Saturday the Queen doesn’t own the word, ‘Royal.’  Specifically, they said, “While there is not any jurisdiction by The Monarchy or Cabinet Office over the use of the word ‘Royal’ overseas, The Duke and Duchess of Sussex do not intend to use ‘Sussex Royal’ or any iteration of the word ‘Royal’ in any territory (either within the UK or otherwise) when the transition occurs Spring 2020.” So they say they won’t use the word, but it’s their choice, not Her Highness’s. It’s a big blow to Harry and Meghan … they spent a fortune building their Sussex Royal-branded website. They had filed trademark applications, covering items from clothing to stationery and bandanas.

  • in

    Mase Claims Diddy’s a Hypocrite, Gripes Over

    TMZ.com Mase, one of Diddy‘s biggest Bad Boy Records stars, is coming for blood … calling the mogul a hypocrite for his Grammys speech, and for keeping him under a horrible contract. The “Mo Money, Mo Problems” rapper went off on Diddy Friday saying it’s ironic Bad Boy’s honcho is calling on black artists to take back control of their art — because Mase claims Diddy keeps his own artists “enslaved,” purposely starves them and subjects them to his “horrendous business model.” On a personal level, Mase is pissed about the $20k he says Diddy paid him for his publishing rights more than 20 years ago, when he debuted at the age of 19. Play video content As you know … Diddy gave a 50-minute speech while accepting an Industry Icon award at Clive Davis’ pre-Grammy gala at the Beverly Hilton Hotel. He was also at Jay-Z‘s Roc Nation brunch earlier that day, toasting black billionaires and black excellence. Diddy had this to say at todays #RocNationBrunch! 🙌💯 @Diddy pic.twitter.com/RjaDa0qk3p — WORLDSTARHIPHOP (@WORLDSTAR) January 26, 2020@WORLDSTAR None of this sat well with Mase, who said he offered Diddy $2 million in cash just a few days ago to buy back his catalog. He claims Diddy told him he had to match a European man’s offer and “that would be the only way I can get it back.” Mase — who signed with Bad Boy in 1996, retired in 1999 and returned in 2004 — added, “You bought it for about 20k & I offered you 2m in cash. This is not black excellence at all. When your own race is enslaving us. If it’s about us owning, it can’t be about us owning each other. No More Hiding Behind ‘Love.’ U CHANGED? GIVE THE ARTIST BACK THEIR $$$$. So they […]

  • in

    Colin Kaepernick Spent Super Bowl Serving Meals and Suits

    Exclusive TMZ.com Colin Kaepernick didn’t spend his Super Bowl Sunday watching his old team lose the big game, instead, he gave back to the less fortunate. Kaepernick went to the Schomburg Center for Research in Black Culture in Harlem on Sunday, spending over an hour with employees and touring the building. From there, he went over to the SCO Family Shelter in Jamaica, Queens where he teamed up with Eric Reid and 100 Suits for 100 Men. Play video content In video obtained by TMZ, you can see Colin personally helping some of the men try on suits. The group is a non-profit dedicated to helping underprivileged men and women get business-style clothing so they have a better shot to get jobs. After that, Colin helped serve meals at the Shelter with some help from the LES Girls Club and Know Your Rights volunteers. TMZ broke the story … Jay–Z, Beyonce and Blue Ivy were seen sitting during Demi Lovato‘s National Anthem performance at the Super Bowl. Of course, Kap believes he was blackballed from the NFL after starting his kneeling demonstration back in 2016. During a recent media event with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, Jay said, “we’ve moved past kneeling” … a quote Kaepernick clearly remembers and referenced in a post on his Instagram story.

  • in

    Trevor Bauer Rips MLB Commish Over New Playoff Proposal,

    Breaking News TMZ.com Trevor Bauer just EVISCERATED MLB commissioner Rob Manfred over a new rumored playoff format in baseball … with the star pitcher calling the guy “a joke.” If you missed it … a report Monday claimed Manfred and other MLB officials were considering changing baseball’s postseason. The report claimed the MLB wants to expand the number of teams in the playoffs from 5 in each league to 7 … while changing up the way teams are seeded and adding in a first-round bye for top teams as well. How do you all feel about MLB’s possible changes to the postseason format in 2022? ▪️ 7 teams make playoffs in each league ▪️teams with the best records pick their playoff opponents.▪️top seed gets first round bye ▪️no winner take all Wild Card game, best of 3 series instead — Dodgers-LowDown (@DodgersLowDown) February 10, 2020@DodgersLowDown Bauer — a Cincinnati Reds ace — saw the reports … hated them … and then took aim squarely at Manfred on Twitter. “No idea who made this new playoff format proposal, but Rob is responsible for releasing it, so I’ll direct this to you, Rob Manfred,” Bauer said. “Your proposal is absurd for too many reasons to type on twitter and proves you have absolutely no clue about baseball. You’re a joke.” It’s unclear why exactly Bauer hates the alleged proposal — he wouldn’t elaborate — but the new rules reportedly wouldn’t take place until at least 2022. And, with approval still being needed from the MLB Player’s Association, it’s possible it might never happen. Which apparently would make Bauer REALLY happy.

  • in

    Thomas Markle Plans to Keep Cashing in On Meghan, Like it

    Exclusive MEGA/Getty Composite Meghan Markle‘s father doesn’t give a royal crap about what people think of him continuing to make money off his relationship with her … or lack thereof. Thomas Markle tells TMZ … a recent quote from his interview with Britain’s Channel 5 — for which he was paid — got a bit misconstrued, but he’s not backing down from the crux of what he said. If you missed it … Thomas said Meghan and Prince Harry “owe” him for what he’s been through, and he should be “rewarded” for it. He added … “My daughter told me when I reach my senior years, she’ll take care of me. I’m in my senior years now … so it’s time to look after daddy.” Thomas tells us he didn’t mean the Duke and Duchess of Sussex should be sending him cash — that’s clearly not happening because they don’t communicate at all — what he meant was … he’s going to keep cashing in on his story, and his royal connection. Markle says he plans to continue booking paid interviews and public appearances — just like Meghan and Harry do — but the good news for him … he doesn’t need permission from the Queen. The gist of it, according to Thomas — he feels he got dragged into this situation, and if he’s going to be without his daughter because of it … he needs to do whatever is necessary to look out for himself financially. That’s what he claims Meghan’s doing by stepping down from senior royal duties to come to North America … a move he called “ridiculous” in his Channel 5 interview. Yeah … he’s probably right about her not taking care of him in his old age.

  • in

    WWE’s Johnny Gargano Says NXT’s Better Than Raw &

    Play video contentExclusive TMZSports.com WWE star Johnny Gargano says you are flat out “STUPID” if you think NXT is inferior to Raw and SmackDown … telling TMZ Sports it’s the best wrestling show in the world!!! We talked to Gargano — one of NXT’s biggest stars — earlier this week … and JG had a message for all the people who sleep on his brand. “That’s BS. That’s complete garbage, and it’s something that me and a lot of guys have worked to dispel for a very long time,” Gargano told us. “Anybody out there that uses the words ‘main roster’ when talking about Raw and SmackDown, how about you watch the show on Wednesday night. You’ll see the real main roster. You’ll see the best wrestling show on the planet. You will see the best locker room on the planet led by me.” NXT was launched 10 years ago, and started out as a place for WWE to develop talent. However, NXT now has a TV deal, and a bunch of their wrestlers have become massive stars. In fact, during last weeks NXT Takeover: Portland — a big PPV event — Gargano betrayed his friend and tag team partner, Tommaso Ciampa … and cost him the title. It was big news in the pro wrestling world. In closing, Gargano has a message for anyone who thinks NXT ain’t every bit as good as WWE’s other brands. “‘Main roster,’ ‘developmental,’ you’re stupid if you use those words. You’re stupid! Quit it!”

  • in

    Snoop Dogg Says He Wasn’t Threatening Gayle King Over

    TMZ.com Snoop Dogg says he was NOT threatening CBS anchor Gayle King over her Kobe Bryant interview — but the record shows he did make a somewhat threatening comment. The rapper took to IG Saturday to clarify a video he posted a few days ago criticizing Gayle for an interview she did with WNBA player Lisa Leslie. Snoop made what many perceived as threats against her, but now … he claims he didn’t and means her no harm. Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media. Snoop says he’s a non-violent person and was raised better than that. He insists he was only speaking on behalf of people who felt disrespected by Gayle’s interview and was only going from the heart. Snoop says all he wanted to do was point out she was out of line. What’s interesting is that he claims he never threatened her — and only told her Kobe’s fans were “watching” her — but his own words seem to contradict him here. Waiting for your permission to load the Instagram Media. What Snoop said verbatim … “Funky dog head bitch. How dare you try to tarnish my motherf***in’ home boy’s reputation, punk motherf***er. Respect the family and back off, bitch. Before we come get you.” This came after a tirade against Gayle coming after black men, but not being as enthusiastic to grill people about Harvey Weinstein (in Snoop’s eyes). Maybe he was speaking figuratively, but the fact is … “come get you” can be seen as a threat, even if it isn’t meant seriously. Regardless, the criticism appears to have opened the floodgates for others who’ve allegedly made death threats against Gayle. .@WNBA legend @LisaLeslie told @GayleKing that Kobe Bryant’s legacy is “not complicated” for her despite his 2003 rape accusation. “I don’t think […]